Before you pick a career path, it’s good to have a long term plan in mind, is Clothing/Shoe/Accessory stores a good career path? why should i choose this career, how much money can i make and what are the job prospect for this career field?.
The reality is, choosing a career really depends on what you’re looking for in a Job. If you’re a stylist, love fashion, loves looking good and working with a good number of people then this could serve as a good career path.
Is Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores a Good Career Path?
Clothing shoes/ accessory stores are one of the hottest career choice these days. If you’re a fan of hiking, running, cycling, fishing, hanging out with friends clothing/shoe/accessory store will be a great career choice to start.
With the help of the internet, it is easier to start an online clothing/shoe/accessory store and attain great success.
7 Reasons to go for Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores Career Path:
- Fashion is high demand and is certainly growing making job opportunity available.
- There is lots of money in the industry, so making money is certain.
- You get to meet different people from different background and culture which in turns gives you a new perspective about life and the world.
- Being your own boss can be achieved. You can be your own boss and set your own hours making it flexible.
- The career can never be boring. Your career be changing constantly as the industry changes frequently.
- You will meet lots of interesting personnel who shared same passion with you.
- The average salary the industry offers.
How Much Money Can I Make Working at a Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores?
The average amount of money you can make depends on the store size and type of work you do. Working in a small boutique ranging from $0 to $10 hourly and a large store market makes $10 an hour as a sales associates and $8 for cashiers hourly.
How Can I Decide If Working in a Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Store is Right for Me?
Everyone cannot work in a clothing/shoe/ accessory store. Before getting into the industry, be sure to know what it entails. If you want to work in fashion and love fashion, this is a great option but if you don’t, and looking for a job with regular hours, then consider another career path.
What are Some of the Cons of Working at a Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores?
- The hours can be long and sometimes tiring. Some stores tends to open late which means working long days and night.
- During busy times, the job can be stressful. Customers may be demanding and impatient which leads to much stress.
- High turnover rate often occur. New employee gets to be trained often.
What are The Job Prospects for this Career Field?
If in your area, there are lots of clothing/shoe/accessory , then there might be trouble finding a Job but if they are few you have a chance of getting a Job.
You need to consider your skill and experience before applying for Job in this field. If you have passion for fashion and a good customer communication service skills, you have an advantage over other applicants however if you don’t have an experience you might find it difficult getting a Job.
Working in a clothing/shoe/accessory store is a good career path. It depends on what you’re looking for in a Job. If you love fashion and has interest in fashion then this is a great opportunity. The decision is yours however.
- You can also read: How Many Jobs Are Available in Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores
- You can also read: 5 Best Paying Jobs in Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores