Many people wants to know how many jobs are available in clothing/shoe/accessory Stores, considering the fact that many young people have benefited from it. The benefits is as a result of many job opportunities in the sector and also the total sales annually.
The fact is there are hundreds of job anyone can choose from and it is impossible not to find a job that matches your skills.
But before we go into the job opportunities, there are certain skills that are required for you to be successful in this career field. What are they?
- Thinking beyond your capability: To be successful in the clothing, shoe and accessory business, you must be able to think deeply and out of the box.
- Strong communication skill: It is very certain that for one to do any business, there should be a strong communication and clothing, shoe and accessory wouldn’t be an exemption. Communication equals to wealth. The more people you communicate to and the way you communicate equals to the number of sales you get and amounts to wealth.
- Capability of working under pressure and deadlines: some customers can make you work under pressure, so to be a worker in this industry, you must have the ability to work under pressure and keep deadlines too.
- Thinking critically and creatively. Be creative when dealing with work Think out of the box.
With the above skills, I bet it you can work in any clothing, shoe and accessory stores.
What Jobs are Available in Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores
- Graphics designer: Helps in designing the fliers and other materials that is used for advertising.
- Public relations specialist: they create and maintain a positive public image for individuals, groups or organization they represent.
- Product developer: manages the process of developing a product in order to meet customers expectations effectively.
- Merchandiser: Responsible for everything that happens to a product from the moment it is delivered to the store to the moment a shopper picked it up off the shelf.
- Stylist: Provides fashion advise, choose appropriate clothing for models, maintaining the fashion style and supervising photoshoot.
- Quality Assurance Manager: Helps companies establish quality regulations for product and employee.
- Sales associate: Helps customers in finding the right product and provides adequate information about the product.
- Creative director: they are creative leads or in-house for the marketing department of a company.
- Account manager: addresses the customers needs and concerns and maintaining their account activities.
- Inventory planner: helps an organization to develop and manage inventory plans.
- Retail buyers: works with vendors to know the merchandise to be sold in stores and getting the price and terms.
- Keyholder: Interacts with customers and assist them with any requests.
- Department manager: oversees the productivity and daily operation of a division in an organization.
- Retail store manager: Responsible for general operation of the store. Handles supervision of employees, takes care of complaint from customers and makes sure the store runs well.
Best Paying Jobs in Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores
The retail store manager is the best paying job in clothing/shoe/accessory Stores, as they supervises, takes complaints and ensures adequate running of the organization. They earn a total of $46,326 annually.
Other best paying job include: department manager, retail store manager, clothing store sales assistant, keyholder and merchandiser. Their average salary ranges from $9.50 hour for a clothing stores sales associate to $46,326 annually for a retail store manager. Be sure to research well on each job before applying because each has it’s own sets of challenges and rewards.
How To Apply for a Job in a Clothing, Shoe and Accessory Stores?
Beside knowing how many jobs are available in clothing/shoe/accessory Stores, it is also important to know how to how how to apply for job in a clothing/shoe/accessory Stores
If you really have interest in getting a job in the the clothing, shoe and accessory stores, you should start with searching for vacancies on job board or the company website.
You can equally reach out to the stores directly to make more inquiry. During the process of application, always include a cover letter and highlight your skills and experience if you have.
What To Wear to an Interview for a Job in Clothing, Shoe and Accessory Stores.
First impression always matters, so when applying for a job, always dress more in a professional and slylish way. Don’t wear a casual or body revealing dress. Appear real good, this will give the interviewer the mindset that you have a good understand of the company’s brand.
The Benefits of Working in a Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Store:
For one to be surrounded by people, there are many benefits with it
- One of the benefit is the flexible hours. You have the opportunity and time to go about your various business.
- It is a way to build your career in the fashion industry. Most stores train there employee into advancing the fashion career. With the right guide and experience, you could move into management and even open your own store.
- There is a discount offered by some clothing stores to their employees on getting those clothing, that’s a great benefit.
- Ability to help customers get their perfect items that will suit their taste.
If you want to get a job in the clothing, shoe and accessory industry, it is a great deals to know there are many opportunities out there. According to recent analysis, bureau of labor statistics, employment in this industry will continue growing over the next decades. So if it has been your dream to work in this field, this is a great time to explore your options.
- You can also read: Is Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores a Good Career Path?
- You can also read: 5 Best Paying Jobs in Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores